This tournament will be using social distancing, a virtual tennis desk, and additional cleaning and disinfecting to make it safe for players, spectators and volunteers.
HOSTED BY JWTTA and TED MEASLEY TENNIS
October 23-25, 2020
Sign up deadline – Oct. 18th at 11:59pm
USTA Sanctioned 150 STA / 150 TN
QUESTIONS: Contact Tournament Director – Ted Mealsey — 731-697-6927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tennessee State Open is back again and registration is open on Tennislink. This tournament is for USTA members. Please see below for COVID-19 procedures including the virtual tennis desk using Match App to put players on court and report scores.
- Available Divisions: Men’s Singles: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0; Men’s Doubles: 6.0, 7.0, 8.0; Women’s Singles: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0; Women’s Doubles: 6.0, 7.0, 8.0; Mixed: 6.0, 7.0, 8.0; Age 60 & Over Division – Men and Women’s singles and doubles. (Please see note below for open division).
- Players may only play in 2 events
- Cost is $33.00 for each event (plus Tennislink fee).
- Guaranteed 2 matches.
- Play 2 out of 3 sets, 10 point tiebreaker in 3rd set on main draw; 8 game pro set with ad scoring for consolation draw.
- Tournament ID.700145220
NOTE FOR OPEN DIVISIONS:
If you are interested in playing in the Men’s Open, Women’s Open, Men’s Doubles Open or Women’s Doubles Open, there is a separate tournament for sign up. The open divisions will be prize money divisions. This does not apply to Mixed Doubles Open.
All tournament rules are found on Tennislink tournament pages. Players must have a cell phone and use Match App for the virtual tennis desk.
- After the draw is complete, players must register again with the Match! Tennis App. NOTE: When you fill out the registration/waiver on Match! Tennis App, it will ask you for your “parent” or “chaperone”. Please put in your own name in these fields as this is designed for junior entries.
- Play/Reporting Scores: Players please, arrive on site ready for play for each match approximately 30 minutes before first scheduled match time. Be sure to check in withMatch! Tennis App. When you check this means that you are on site and ready to go on court as soon as your match is called. Matches will be called through Match! Tennis App.
- Report your scores after your match using Match! Tennis App before you leave the court. You will get your next match time through the tournament website. Text messages or emails will be used to communicate with players. Be sure you check the website frequently for a new match time after your first match.
- Players are to bring own water, ice and any food needed with them on their court. Hand sanitizer will be available on each court. Players should use sanitizer at least each time they change sides of court. Players will be able to sit on benches at court. Use of score device will be available. Please players only touch the tennis balls on the scoring device which are for YOUR score, not your opponent.
- Tennis balls will be at your assigned court and should be left there after you have reported your scores.
- Masks and/or social distancing will be observed at all times by spectators and players. Suggest spectators bring a lawn chair to enable social distancing.
- Bathrooms will be limited to one person at a time. Bathrooms will be cleaned regularly for safety of all.
We are so pleased to be able to host the Tennessee State Open Adult Tournament again! This is a special year because of the challenges of 2020 and the special circumstances under which it will be run. We hope that you will be patient with the extra technology being used to make it safe for everyone. We know there will be a learning curve for everyone, but in the end we are thankful to get the opportunity to play.
The Executive Committee of JWTTA