This tournament will a virtual tennis desk called Match Tennis App! It’s easy to get called to court using TEXTING!!
HOSTED BY JWTTA and
TED MEASLEY TENNIS ACADEMY
October 22-24, 2021
Sign up deadline – Oct. 18th
USTA Sanctioned 150 STA / 150 TN
QUESTIONS: Contact Tournament Director – Ted Mealsey — 731-697-6927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tennessee State Open is back again and registration is open on Tennislink. This tournament is for USTA members. Please see below for COVID-19 procedures including the virtual tennis desk using Match App to put players on court and report scores.
- Available Divisions: Men’s Singles: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0; Men’s Doubles: 6.0, 7.0, 8.0; Women’s Singles: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0; Women’s Doubles: 6.0, 7.0, 8.0; Mixed: 6.0, 7.0, 8.0; Age 60 & Over Division – Men and Women’s singles and doubles. (Please see note below for open division).
- Players may only play in 2 events
- Cost is $30.00 for each event (plus Tennislink fee).
- Guaranteed 2 matches.
All tournament rules are found on Tennislink tournament pages. Players must have a cell phone and use Match App for the virtual tennis desk.
- After the draw is complete, players must register again with the Match! Tennis App. NOTE: When you fill out the registration/waiver on Match! Tennis App, it will ask you for your “parent” or “chaperone”. Please put in your own name in these fields as this is designed for junior entries.
- Play/Reporting Scores: Players please, arrive on site ready for play for each match approximately 30 minutes before first scheduled match time. Be sure to check in withMatch! Tennis App. When you check this means that you are on site and ready to go on court as soon as your match is called. Matches will be called through Match! Tennis App.
- Report your scores after your match using Match! Tennis App before you leave the court.
- You will get your next match time through the tournament website. Text messages or emails will be used to communicate with players. Be sure you check the website frequently for a new match time after your first match.
- Tennis balls will be at your assigned court. Bring the balls to the tournament desk after the match.
We are so pleased to be able to host the Tennessee State Open Adult Tournament again! We hope that you will be patient with the extra technology being used to make it safe for everyone. We are thankful to get the opportunity to play again.
The Executive Committee of JWTTA